Complete Project Gutenberg Catalog in JSON

Project Gutenberg is an amazing site containing over 57,000 free ebooks at the time of this writing.



Recently I've been working on a project to create a database of book bibliographies. A database of book references from within other books. You'd be able to answer the query: Show me all the books that reference "Thinking Fast and Slow". I plan to use Project Gutenberg as the repository that I use to create the first version of this database.

Project Gutenberg currently makes their complete project catalog available as a collection of RDF files found here: http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenberg:Feeds

RDF is not something I've worked with in the past, so I converted them to JSON files. You can download that set of files from here:

https://sfp.blob.core.windows.net/public/gutenberg_catalog.zip


Hope this helps,
Aaron





Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Aaron - I want to do this, but with the more recent RDF files ... any tips on how? Did you use python? Any tips appreciated. From Edward (e+w@edwardwatson.com)

Popular posts from this blog

Search iPhone Text Messages with SQLite SQL Query

How to Turn Off Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Scroll Sound Vibration

Configure SonarAnalyzer.CSharp with .editorconfig, no need for SonarCloud or SonarQube